Random Ramblings

Random Ramblings: Personal observations on a wide variety of subjects. Photographs of creatures and things that are taken on seeing the unusual as well as everyday things.

'Pop' goes the Weasel!

A while back, when the weather was dry and I was able to venture outside I walked towards the lawn and spied a small elongated ball of fluff. As I slowly approached it, I realised that it was a weasel. It lay motionless - I bent down to see if there was any sign of life at all - but sadly it was dead. How fortunate to see such a beautiful animal at such close quarters. How unusual and rare to see one on the lawn. But what a shame that such a beautiful, perfect, little creature should be dead! I wonder how it came to meet its end? The only thing that I can think may have happened is that it was killed by a cat. Either our own or one of the many that live in the vacinity.

No comments: