Random Ramblings

Random Ramblings: Personal observations on a wide variety of subjects. Photographs of creatures and things that are taken on seeing the unusual as well as everyday things.

Creature spot

It is Friday and leading up to the bank holiday I have spied two creatures: the first was a Peacock butterfly (my first sighting of one of these this year) ... which was sipping nectar out of a Buddlhea flower but for a few brief seconds before it flew off over the roof tops. The second was a green Shield bug ... these are one of my most favourite little bugs. It flew into the kitchen and I had to place my finger in front of it so that it could climb on board and be helped back outside into its natural habitat. I first tried to help it onto a Nasturtium leaf which it would not go near and climbed half up my arm to escape this choice. Then I tried helping it onto a Lady's Mantle plant but it obviously didn't like the velvety leaves and again began a walking race up my arm. Finally, it settled onto a Fuchsia leaf ... I took pictures of the Shield bug but sadly not one was in focus ...

No comments: