Random Ramblings

Random Ramblings: Personal observations on a wide variety of subjects. Photographs of creatures and things that are taken on seeing the unusual as well as everyday things.

Gone with the fairies

Many years ago my Grandma had two rambling button fairy roses one of which was pink and the other red. When I say red, I mean farmer’s red which is a deep red pink a most old-fashioned colour that once adorned the lips of women during the Second World War. It is a flower colour that I really love and can be found on the common peony.

I have tried to purchase rambling button fairy roses over a very long time but without success … but today I found this beautiful pink rambling fairy rose – not quite a small as the button variety but still tumbling with small flowers and buds. Its scent is soft and a mixture of rose and apple blossom. The flower size of this naturally beautiful flower is similar to that of the wild rose.

 

Pink Rambling Fairy RosePink Rambling Fairy Rose

Fairy Rose Rambler

4 comments:

ayomaos said...

beautiful flowers ... suitable as decoration family room to relax

Sandi said...

How beautiful. I love them.

Cascia Talbert said...

That is beautiful. When I was a kid I used to get a hanging plant like that for my mother every year for Mother's Day.

Anonymous said...

very lovely..:)