Random Ramblings

Random Ramblings: Personal observations on a wide variety of subjects. Photographs of creatures and things that are taken on seeing the unusual as well as everyday things.

Summer Cistus

A few years ago I purchased a Cistus. I have always loved their delicate fine, tissue-papery petals. I planted my little shrub in a border containing my apple trees thinking that it would give added protection in the Winter. My Cistus, preferring sunshine rather than shade has never produced masses of flowers and has a propensity to be a little leggy. I have found it to be one of the most difficult plants to photograph as each time (up until now) that I have tried – just before the shutter drops so do the petals!

Cistus

Cistus

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

What a lovely flower. I'm kinda wiped out with all my gardening challenges this year. Between pests and fungus I'm nearly ready to let it all go. :-(