Random Ramblings

Random Ramblings: Personal observations on a wide variety of subjects. Photographs of creatures and things that are taken on seeing the unusual as well as everyday things.

Flax

The weather has been wonderfully mild this weekend with glimpses of an Indian Summer. I managed to pot out a few late border plants in the hope that they will survive the Winter and help brighten up the Spring. Whilst pulling a few weeds I came across some bird table escapes including a very pale flax or linseed flower growing between the slabs.

Flax Flax or Linseed

Flax is usually a pretty shade of blue but this bird table variety is almost white with a touch of mauve. I wonder where in the world it originates from?

blue flax flower

Blue flax flower

3 comments:

Ann said...

what a pretty little flower that has on it. We've also had some beautiful weather here the last few days. I know it won't last so I'll enjoy it as much as I can while it's here.

eastcoastlife said...

I have never seen a real flax flower. It seems you have many varieties of flowers and plants in your garden.

I wonder how your garden looks in winter. Would there be any plants that can withstand the cold and still stand strong?

fazrul arhan said...

This is so beautiful,love it.D