Random Ramblings

Random Ramblings: Personal observations on a wide variety of subjects. Photographs of creatures and things that are taken on seeing the unusual as well as everyday things.

Eve of invention

It has recently been discovered that ‘Eve,’  Homo neanderthalensis (Homo sapiens neanderthalensis) known simply to most as Neanderthals extensively integrated, lived with and bred with Homo sapiens. All Homo sapiens are from Africa but when some of them began to move out of Africa they moved into the same areas where Neanderthals lived which was very extensive and included most of Eurasia. DNA tests suggest that most people who are not living in Africa and of African decent have a percentage of Neanderthal in them making those of us who are not in Africa, hybrids. The Neanderthal gene helps to strengthen us against disease and may possibly have given us the love and key to science and technology. I for one shall celebrate my inner Neanderthal ..

neanderthal-genome_5619_600x450

neanderthals-interbreeding-humans_19941_600x450

Female Neanderthal, picture courtesy of National Geographic

4 comments:

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Yeah, I look like that some days!

Ann said...

Well that is very interesting.
By the way I have no idea what is going on with my blog and your problem with commenting. I wasn't aware it was doing that and you are the first one to have had a problem with it

unikorna said...

wow that is fascinating, that post really caught my eye, I might steal your idea one of these days :).congrats and kisses.

Unknown said...

Bad hair day! Really bad.. That was interesting, I do like reading your blog. I will be back to visit!
Thanks, Dot :)