Random Ramblings

Random Ramblings: Personal observations on a wide variety of subjects. Photographs of creatures and things that are taken on seeing the unusual as well as everyday things.

It is Spring .. in November!

The garden always holds many surprises but this year is surpasses itself in fairy tale beauty. I feel like I have stepped into a dreamy, story book as flowers are blooming all over again and with a vigour and urgency of youthful intent, not a half-hearted end-of-season show. They are out to produce moor seeds, moor shoots, moor trailers and vines and are twisting the world into a picturesque jungle of colour.

Honeysuckle - woodbine - November 2011

Honeysuckle - woodbine - November 2011 pic 2

Honeysuckle - woodbine - November 2011 pic 3

Honeysuckle – old English name of Woodbine – pictured end of November

This variety is one of two very special types that I have in the garden supporting twin flowers. This is the more yellow variety with a deep woody perfume. The other one has red-veined leaves and pink dipped flowers with a sweet sensual perfume.

8 comments:

Russ said...

We have the same type of situation here. The garden is confused. Things die and then now they are trying a come back.Crazy Weather.

Ann said...

how wonderful. I'm afraid nothing is blooming around here. It's gotten very cold and winter is knocking at the door

Resaca Rose said...

Honeysuckle is one of my favorite scents of summer. The other is fresh cut grass.

Unknown said...

I really like your blog, it looks very nice, I'm happy to visit again to see your blog because it's very good indeed, thank's for all. Regards, building muscle without weights really hope to be your friends

Hornbill said...

I enjoy your blog

Do visit my photo-blog at :

hornbill-hornbill.blogspot.com

and my other blogs

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

I did not know that woodbine is honeysuckle

Unknown said...

Yes, Woodbine is the traditional name of honeysuckle. It was called woodbine long before the use of the honeysuckle name was used.

Inspector Clouseau said...

Absolutely beautiful shots. Nice blog work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the Nav Bar located at the top of my blogger.com site. I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves. Thanks for sharing, and best wishes for the New Year.